Enjoying an ice-cold soft drink or juice with the kids while you soak up the sun this spring and summer? Don’t throw away those bottle caps! Instead, make these fun bottle cap bugs, and turn that tasty beverage into a cute insect-inspired DIY project for this month’s Creative Corner activity.
What you’ll need:
- Assorted plastic bottle caps
- Transparency paper
- Googly eyes
- Assorted color markers
- First, make sure to wash and dry your assorted bottle caps thoroughly. We don’t want to attract any real bugs with leftover sugary liquid on the caps.
- Next, for the wings of our assorted bugs, cut teardrop shapes proportionate to the size of the cap out of the transparency paper.
- To give your bug some style and personality, get creative and color the wings with the assorted markers. Draw dots, stripes or just color them solid. Allow the ink time to dry completely.
- Lastly, it’s time to attach the wings and eyes to our bottle cap bug. Attach two or four of the decorative wings we created to the top of the bottle cap with glue and allow to dry. Also, attach the googly eyes to the top of the cap with glue and allow to dry.
There you have it! A fun, creative project that recycles bottle caps into cute, color-filled bugs for your home or office desk.