Summer is here, and outdoor fun should be high on your to-do list–but don’t let mosquitoes ruin the days spent grilling outdoors or lounging by the pool. In this month’s Creative Corner project, this simple homemade mosquito repellent is your formula to help keep the bugs away so you and the family can play.
What you’ll need:
- Witch hazel (6 oz.)
- Castor oil (2 oz.)
- Cinnamon oil (5 drops)
- Citronella oil (15 drops)
- Eucalyptus oil (15 drops)
- Small spray bottle
- Combine all the ingredients into the spray bottle.
- Close the top and shake well to incorporate the witch hazel and oils together thoroughly.
- Lastly, apply the mixture in a fine mist on exposed areas while outdoors to help repel mosquitoes and even ticks.
Sometimes home remedies may be partially effective or completely ineffective. Always make sure to check and ensure that no skin irritation or other signs of problems exists if a child or adult uses this or another homemade repellent. Plus, if you need help addressing a larger mosquito or tick problem in and around your home, contact your local Orkin professional for a free estimate and a customized a plan that’s right for you.